Friday, January 1, 2010

The black vein of honest.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I am a firm believer in that. But I'm also a firm believer in listening to advice when it's needed. Not needed in the way of whether or not to have that last spoon full of nutella. Needed in the way of a warning to help you. If someone on the outside is trying to help you be a better person, don't ignore that effort. Last night we nearly had a world wide disaster at my new years eve celebrations, but I would not let it happen. It even had me yelling at my best friend, but all for a very, very good reason. You see when you're on the outside, and sober, you see things for what they really are. And what no one else can see. And it's hard. But necessary to step in. But you should always step in if someone is in danger. Not just physical danger, but emotional danger too. No matter what, you're a friend first. Don't ruin that with pride. Listen with intent. Even if the intent is to ignore, at least give it a shot.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Xo

No comments: